EDC Gears - The Must Know Guidelines
Life tends to be unpredictable at the best of times, and you never know what kind of situation you may find yourself in. However, staying prepared can ensure that you come out on top no matter the circumstances. This includes cases where your or someone else’s survival is on the line. After all, emergencies can happen anytime and staying prepared can make a lot of difference. This is the principle on which so many communities like the survivalist ones have united upon.
One term that is used extensively in these communities is EDC gear. This may sound like a company’s name, but it simply stands for ‘everyday care’. But what exactly encompasses everyday care? What is there to know about it? We will discuss all of this in the following article. Here are the must-know guidelines about EDC gears. Without further delay, let’s dive into it.
What is EDC Gear?
EDC gear represents the essential items that a person should keep on them, no matter the circumstances. These items can vary depending on the person’s lifestyle, preferences, profession and hobbies. EDC gear is helpful as it can help you get through the day while providing them with options for emergencies. For example, if your electric motor stops working and you require power contactors to repair them. Typically, these items are compact and quick to access. Additionally, EDC gear helps you save time by allowing you to respond to situations and needs immediately. Not only that, but EDC gear often helps you look stylish and express yourself. This includes the gear that is made from handcrafted leather.
Basic EDC Gear
EDC gear can consist of various items, but certain essential ones should be a part of everyone’s loadout. These will ensure that your critical needs will be taken care of. These items are:
- Smartphone: We live in the digital age where staying connected with the internet is essential. Therefore, having your smartphone is critical as it allows you to stay connected to people through the phone and social media. There are various other features that smartphones provide that can help us outside.
- Wallets: It is never a good idea to leave your home without your wallet. A wallet is equipped to hold your money, IDs, credit cards, receipts and business cards. These are things that you will always require when you are outside.
- Keychain: We rely heavily on keys as they allow us to access our vehicles and houses. Therefore, having a keychain is extremely helpful as it will enable us to hold our keys and hang them conveniently.
Advanced EDC Gear
You can include more items into your EDC loadout that take it to the next level. This will ensure that you are prepared for any situation. We will talk about some of these in this article. You can then consider adding them to your loadout according to your lifestyle and routine. They are:
- Pocket Knife: This is an excellent tool that can be useful for various purposes. It can assist you in everyday tasks such as opening packages. It can also help out when you need to defend yourself. Additionally, if you find yourself stranded, a pocket knife can serve as a handy tool.
- Flash Drive: Flash drives can be beneficial as you never know when you have to give a file to someone or take a file from someone. This includes essential files like your CV, passport, and so on. These files are usually required if you are going for an interview or getting registered somewhere. Additionally, you may want to get music or images from a friend after visiting them, which is where a flash drive can be convenient.
- Multi-tool: Multi-tools consist of various tools that are fitted within a compact kit. Usually, these are screwdrivers, scissors, bottle openers, blades, pliers, and pry bars. You may never know when you require any of these tools, and it is handy to have them in one single kit that is easy to carry.
You may never know what kind of situation you may find yourself in. Circumstances can suddenly change, and it helps to stay prepared for such cases. This is where carrying EDC gear can help you out. EDC stands for everyday carry and consists of the essential items you may require in your life. This includes situations where you have to deal with mundane tasks or emergencies. We have provided you with guidelines that can allow you to build both a basic and an advanced EDC loadout. These will ensure that you are prepared for any situation based on your lifestyle and routine. We hope this article proves helpful and allows you to build an EDC gear that brings convenience and safety to your life. Thank you for reading!